Apr 08 in Case study
The Project Assigned to Us
As a result of their success in the UK, Opensky decided to expand their business into Europe by setting up an office in Spain. They also wanted to implement a remote working facility to allow greater operational flexibility.
What we did
After careful evaluation of Opensky’s needs, Protec produced and implemented a plan to upgrade and extend their computer systems. The project included the following activities:
- Implementing a Watchguard SoHo Firewall
- VPN accounts for the remote access home workers
- A static site-to-site VPN link for the Spanish office
- Server hard drives upgrade
- Windows 2003 Small Business Server deployment
- Sharepoint and Exchange 2003 implementation
- Tape backup, using Backup Exec, of the server configuration,
- Emails, files, ACT! Database and their WIP system.
The Spanish office is operating successfully with excellent communication links with Head Office. Flexible and remote working has been implemented smoothly and is running trouble-free.
Opensky are very pleased with their enhanced system and the reliability they now enjoy.